This past weekend, I had no time to write or read. I was with my best friend from Thursday until Sunday. With that being said, I did not have any reviews to write. I could not continue to not blog though so I decided to share some of my favorite quotes at the moment.
- “We don’t ever leave that old world behind. We just create a new one.”-Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
- “It hurts to look at the clouds, but it also helps, like most things that cause pain.”-The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
- “I’ve made books my life because they let me escape this world of cruelty and savagery.”-The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- “Part of being healthy is being able to hold and remember who people actually are instead of who we wish they were. It’s a daily struggle against a brain that tends to want to cling to fairy-tale hope, but it’s also the only way to guarantee a life surrounded by those who build rather than destroy. In the end, the loss is about letting go of what I never had in the first place.”-The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter
- “Because just like all the other times I’ve drowned in my life, I’m determined to keep paddling forward, to believe that none of it has affected me at all.”-The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter
- “That’s the weirdest thing about being cut off from life. Everything gets washed out or muted or recedes into the background except for other people’s laughter. Other people’s laughter gets very loud and jarring. It penetrates. It is a reminder that other people live.”-The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter