We have only a few days before BEA and Bookcon!!
Since it is the final days before Bookcon, I don’t expect you to have a lot to do. Here are the FINAL things you must do for BEA and Bookcon!!
- Print and laminate your schedule!!! Why laminate it? Laminating it will make sure it won’t get ruined.
- Look for book events around New York to do after Bookcon. There are many cool signings after Bookcon that many attendees may be going to.
- Get all your questions answered. Need any Bookcon help? Ask me, Bookcon, Javits Center, or the app. I wouldn’t suggest the app because the questions get repetitive on there and people get annoyed. Plus, Bookcon and McCormick Place are your better options because they know more than the attendees.
- If traveling from out of town, schedule tours and make restaurant reservations now!!! You want to get most out of your New York experience. Ask locals on the app what is good in New York and plan some stuff to do.
- Follow publishers and exhibitors on social media (preferably Twitter). Turn on notifications, too! Exhibitors use social media to inform you of things they are giving away.
- Start packing. If you are from New York, start planning what to wear!
Now that I covered what you should do, I am going to help you know what to pack.
- Clothes for your trip! You cannot do anything without clothes.
- Comfortable shoes. You will do A LOT of walking.
- Your schedule.
- A FEW books from home that you want signed.
- YOUR BADGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Money. Do not only rely on credit cards.
- A lanyard.
- Your phone and charger.
- Make up (if you use it).
- Hair products (if you use it).
- A camera.
- Business cards.
- Plane/train ticket.
- Bookcon app badge.
- One tote bag or backpack. You will get plenty more.
So, that is all I have left to prepare you for Bookcon. I hope you all have an incredible time! If you see me, please say hi. I will be way more excited to meet you than you are to meet me. Let me know how you liked my Bookcon Prep posts on my blog.